Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Becoming a Knight at Kerr

It was with much excitement that I attended my school's monthly student assembly where outstanding students are recognized. I had heard that a man came dressed as a Knight and actually "knighted" students who were chosen. Little did I know that I would be so emotionally affected!
Students were called up to the front of the assembly, they hugged their teachers, and then sat on the stage. The Knight touched the shoulders of each child while they kneeled down in front of him. He told why the child was being recognized in a booming voice and my silly sentimental tears flowed!

At the end of the assembly, he cried out, "Knights do what?" and the kids answered back, "DO RIGHT!" It was fantastic! This was the best "student of the month" assembly I've ever seen. I hope our community knows how impressive the service the Knight provides to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment